This brief outlines the work of the ARISE project and is a mini introduction to how we work in Kenya, Bangladesh, Sierra Leone and India as well as providing a snap shot of some of the ways in which we have made a difference.
- Read the brief if you want to understand the consortium structure and the different partners that it brings to the table
- Find out more about how we contributed to the COVID-19 emergency response in Bangladesh
- Understand our alliances to beat TB in India
- Get a sense of how Community Health Volunteers are approaching mental ill-health in Kenya
- Check out out the ARISE approach to community-based participatory research
Transforming the lives of vulnerable people in informal urban settlements is vital to accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals. This entails tackling complex, interrelated challenges of poor health, unequal access to services, insecurity and weak accountability. Rigorous research and evidence, combined with community engagement and ownership, must inform these efforts.