● Self-reﬂection and listening skills for power sharing in the partnership
● Capacity to uphold common values, practices and behaviours that contribute positively to CBPR partnerships
● Capacity to be flexible, accommodating (open and respectful), compromising (to achieve consensus) and committed to move the partnership and project forward
● Ability and confidence to be a guiding voice in the development and execution of a co-created research agenda (12)
● Ability to consider ‘Goodness of ﬁt’ (4) in terms of attitudes, beliefs, values for the compatibility and suitability of the partnership for the proposed CBPR project.
● Awareness of potential obstacles or enablers of strong partnerships, such as structures (i.e., governing bodies, associations, policies), processes (i.e. consenting or approval, procurement and allocation of resources), communication exchange, decision making, leadership inﬂuences, pace and timelines (13)
● Proficient leadership skills – developing the appropriate connections, motivating and inspiring others
● Ability focus on sharing information, decision making power, resources and support